What to do in Abano Terme?
Weekly market on Wednesday in Piazza Mercato. On Thursday in Montegrotto Terme. On Saturday in Padova, Prato della Valle square.
Our hotel is very close to center town and in just a few minutes you can reach and visit places like:
- San Lorenzo cathedral, built in 1200 A.C., with its historical bell tower and a beautiful organ;
- Meridiana square, one of the bigger europena sundial with marbles of several colors;
- Montirone hill, once the source of thermal water and now a beautiful garden with statues and doric artworks;
- Urban Thermal Park, a great green area with pedestrians and bicycle lanes, kid areas, benches, several trees and stores. On Christmas time the traditional market and in spring;
- weekends dedicated to health, wellness, sport, herbs and aromatic plants, local products.
During the year in Abano Terme it takes place events like the International youth soccer trophy; cultural days like the Fair of words which is dedicated to literature, cinema, music, science, art and journalism; gastronomic weekends like the Ice cream festival or the Jujubs fruit festival; Homemade pasta festival; Easter concert in spring.
- take a walk, a break sitting for a drink, a coffee or an artigianal ice cream;
- shopping in the several stores of local crafts, clothes, shoes, jewels and food;
- visit the parks and sit by the trees shadow.
Definitely it worth a visit the Sanctuary in Monteortone, 10 minutes by car from our hotel. A place of silent religiosity, peace and harmony, surrounded by works of extraordinary artists, like Jacopoda Montagnana, and by a great green area. A suggestive closter for an enjoyable walk and a coffee or cappuccino in the bar.
Getting curious? So we think, but if you like to touch by hand the beauty of Euganean Hills we suggest a few days by our hotel surrounded by its huge garden and with its proposal of thermal treatments.